Jon-Tech
Jon-Tech, Engineer
Experience:  20 yrs computer networking office equip 5 yrs website seo analytics 3 yrs HTPC DLNA UPnP
62326695

INSTALLING CP2025.OS 601.64

Customer Question

INSTALLING CP2025.
OS 601.64
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jon-Tech replied 2 years ago.

Jon-Tech :

Hi I'm Jon I look forward to helping you

Jon-Tech :

If you could please tell how you want to install your printer, USB Network, WiFi or other, and the computer make, model and operating system you will install and print from that would be helpful to get started. Thank you - Jon

Customer :

HARD WIRE. FROM DISK.HP COLOR LASER JET 2025WINDOWS 7. GATEWAYLAPTOPNV53A.

Jon-Tech :

ok good - did you try to install it yourself already?

Customer :

YES

Jon-Tech :

ok, it is important for me to know where you got stuck, how far you got and what step did you stop at, please

Customer :

SW DOWN LOADED TO RESPONSE NEEDED FROM USER.

Customer :

THEN GAVE ERROR MESSAGE SUPPORT VIST ETC BUT DID NOT INCLUDE WINDOWS SEVEN SAID OK TO CONTINUE LOADIG BUT IT DID NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING AFTER THIS POINT.

Jon-Tech :

ok you mentioned hard wired, does this mean NETWORK LAN CABLE or USB

Jon-Tech :

AND you mentioned downloaded - downloaded from internet? or ?

Customer :

USB

Jon-Tech :

ok good... and the download?

Customer :

DON,T UNDERSTAND. down load is not hard wire.

Customer :

Instructions say do not plug usb in until instructed .

Jon-Tech :

you said = SW DOWN LOADED TO RESPONSE NEEDED FROM USER.

Jon-Tech :

was this from the software install disks or a download from internet?

Customer :

install disk.

Jon-Tech :

Thanks you - just needed to make sure.

Jon-Tech :

ok now we can get started. What was the response needed?

Jon-Tech :

are you still at that prompt or did you cancel or ?

Customer :

i canceled. it did not say what response was needed.

Jon-Tech :

ok please make sure your printer is connected to your computer with the USB cable at both ends, then turn off the printer is not already off

Jon-Tech :

let me know when done

Customer :

printer off. connected on both ends. just received a document that saidunsupported personality unknown ps. I jsut got a document fromyour that said welcome to just answer.

Jon-Tech :

sounds like the printer install was at least partially complete, and a PS (Post Script Error) occur'ed.

Jon-Tech :

now please insert the printer install disk in your computer and start the install procedure please with printer off

Jon-Tech :

when it ask to turn on the printer or say's printer not found please let me knw

Customer :

cannot install using run as command. Cannot continue until resolved.

Jon-Tech :

run command is a DOS error, please hold

Jon-Tech :

Your running the install by clicking on the install button in windows, YES? did this error just pop up without you doing anything?

Customer :

no, where do i find the install/ it does not show on any thing i, ve looked at.

Jon-Tech :

Let me hand you over to another expert that may be able to better help you. Thanks Jon

Jon-Tech :

Did any experts respond to you yet?

Customer :

no.

Jon-Tech :

Ok, then I'll try to help you get this fixed

Jon-Tech :

To help you I will have to walk you through each step, this could take some time, and because I cant see what your doing it could be a challenge. so let me ask you a couple initial question to insure we can do this

Jon-Tech :

1 Do you have the printer installation disk set for your computer

Jon-Tech :

2. What operating system does your computer have XP, VISTA, Win7, MAC OSX

Jon-Tech :

3. Your computer is GATEWAY LAPTOP NV53A YES?

Jon-Tech :

4, Your printer is HP COLOR LASER JET 2025, YES?

Customer :

1. yes

Customer :

2. win 7 . 3.yes. 4.yes.

Jon-Tech :

ok great now I just need to know if the printer is a 2025, 2025x, 2025n, 2025dn

Customer :

2025

Jon-Tech :

ok thank you/

Jon-Tech :

please locate the printer install disks and choose the windows install disk and put in the laptop dvd disk player

Jon-Tech :

after you put it in the disk player a window will come up and ask you to install say yes or continue

Customer :

done.

Jon-Tech :

great - so the software is installing now? let me know when the 1st prompt come up for you to answer

Customer :

cannot install using run.

Customer :

i have been able to use the printer on tax program, but when i get ready to run inbox info the printer tells meunsupported personality: unknown. i have selected 2025 as my default printer?

Jon-Tech :

I don't understand what is mean by when i get ready to run inbox info

Customer :

my email. i try to print an email. and it says unsupported personnality:unknown

Jon-Tech :

OK here is the problem - your describing two separate and different issues - ONE - problem installing the printer run error then you describe TWO an error where the printer is already installed and being used

Jon-Tech :

for me to help you we need to work on only item ONE

Jon-Tech :

the problem is due to your windows7 security settings

Customer :

i fixed that problem.

Jon-Tech :

you need to temporarily turn off your security and your user account must be admin equivelent

Jon-Tech :

you fixed which problem?

Customer :

the print for email.

Jon-Tech :

I'm sorry I cant tell which problem your talking about at any given time... if it is related to email tax or printing In order to help you we have to stay on the topic of installing the printer exclusively, and you need to minimize your security setting, if we can do that I can help you, if not then I'll have to ask other experts to help you.

Jon-Tech :

would you like me to transfer you back to the support queue so another expert may be able to better help you?

Jon-Tech :

Alright I'll transfer you to the queue - good luck.

Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Solved problem.