LOAJ3256
LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience:  PC set up , configure and trouble shoot printers
444199

I am trying to install a new Kodak ESP Office 2170. I did

I am trying to install a new Kodak ESP Office 2170. I did not get a USB cable to connect the all in one printer to my tower
Category: Printers
Expert:  LOAJ3256 replied 2 years ago.

LOAJ3256 :

Are you intending on using this as a USB only? Are you going to use the wifi at all in your home / office? Have you ever installed the CD software that came with the unit, or are you buying a USB cable to connect? Please advise, Kodaks are "fickle" to set up:(

Customer:

I have a wifi that I used to get movies from Netflix-I have always used a usb connection to my tower, but I guess it would be OK to use wifi. I did not install the cd that came with printer yet-put in the drive but a screen with instructions did not come up-have not looked into that yet-once I found no usb-I stopped

LOAJ3256 :

If you are used to a "locaL printer and have no need for a wireless, I suggest that you get a USB cable -- you may even have one from another printer or other device - as the wireless set up on a Kodak can be a bit tricky for a novice.

Customer:

the usb cable from my old HP printe will not connect to Kodak

Customer:

Why would Kodak not put usb cable with the printer? Bought printer at Best Buy-just go back and they could find right one for me? I am now installing the software for printer

LOAJ3256 :

Kodak does not supply the USB cable, and they charge an outrageous $20 for one -- you can get one at Best Buy, Wal MArt, etc cheaper

Customer:

So, botXXXXX XXXXXne right now......I cannot install the printer?

Customer:

I will never buy another Kodak product

LOAJ3256 :

OK once the software finishes installing you can instruct it to configure WIRELESS without a USB cable

Customer:

but you said it would be tricky-and believe me...I am a novice-do you think I can do it or should be just stop?

LOAJ3256 :

IMHO, I would bite the bullet and get the USB cable -- MUCH more stable than WiFi on a KODAK!

LOAJ3256 :

Ypu can STOP when it asks you to PLUG IN, and leave it there, do not close. Then plug in USB cable and it will complete the install, and ask you to re boot PC

Customer:

I will not be going out today to get usb-will not be until tomorrow

Customer:

so should I just click cancel and start over when get usb?

LOAJ3256 :

You can continue if you want at this time, as the software will be installed. When you do plug in the USB , "found new hardware" will come up, then select "install from CD ("Recomended" as the selection on the screen) and you should be good to go. please let me know how this works out

Customer:

thanks for your help-what do I do so that you get your money? click on accept?

LOAJ3256 :

Yes please -- I hope this has helped, and you alert me if you have any problems , good luck and thanks!

LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience: PC set up , configure and trouble shoot printers