Tim W.
Tim W., Technician
Experience:  3 years as Computer Support Specialist which allows me to work on printers, projectors, networks, et

Canon PIXMA MX410: how do I scan a document to my pc?

Category: Printers
Expert:  Tim W. replied 2 years ago.

tbwhite2040 :

Hello, My name is XXX XXX I will assist you in finding an answer to your question.

Customer :

hi Tim

tbwhite2040 :

Hello I am downloading the manual

Customer :

i just got this Canon MX410 and need to scan a document to my pc

Customer :

okay

tbwhite2040 :

Saving Scanned Data to the Computer

1. Select the scan operation.

(1) Make sure that the power is turned on.

See Operation Panel.

(2) Press the SCAN button.

(3) If Save to is being displayed, use the < (-) or >(+) button to select PC, and press the OK button.

The computer selection screen will appear.

Note

If Save to is not displayed, press the Menu button to display it.

(4) Select the computer to save scanned data, and press the OK button.

Here we select Local (USB).

The Document type selection screen will appear.

Note

For the network connection, select the computer name to save scanned data in the list.

For the connection via USB only, only Local (USB) appears on the LCD.

(5) Select the document type, and press the OK button.

Here we select Auto scan.

If the computer connected over a network is selected in (4), Auto scan does not appear on the LCD.

The document types other than Auto scan are Document and Photo. If you select other than Auto scan, you can save scanned data on the computer according to the settings you specified for Scan size, Data format, and Scan resolution available by pressing the Settings button.

For details, refer to the on-screen manual: Advanced Guide.

1. Load an original on the Platen Glass or in the ADF.

See Loading Originals.

For details on the types and sizes of the original which can be scanned, see Originals You Can Load.

Characters and lines written with a light colored pen or highlight pen may not be scanned properly.
  1. Press the Color or Black button to start scanning.

MP Navigator EX will be started, and the scanned data will be saved on the computer according to the settings specified with MP Navigator EX.

Scanning.. will appear while scanning the original.

When scanning from the Platen Glass, the machine automatically detects whether the type of a scanned data is photo or document and the scanned data is saved to a single file on the computer according to the settings specified with MP Navigator EX (JPEG/Exif, TIFF, PDF).

When scanning from the ADF, the scanned data is saved as a document on the computer. If PDF is specified for the saving format in MP Navigator EX, all documents loaded in the ADF are saved to a single file.

Remove the original on the Platen Glass or the Document Output Slot after scanning is completed.

Important

Do not turn off the power while the machine is operating.

Do not plug in or unplug the USB cable while the machine is scanning originals with the computer.

Do not open the Document Cover or move the loaded original until scanning is completed.

The position or size of the original may not be scanned correctly depending on the type of original.

If the scan is not performed correctly, try to scan again after selecting Document or Photo for Document type and changing the settings of Scan size, etc. to match the original.

When the program selection screen appears:

The program selection screen may appear after performing step 3.

If the program selection screen appears, select MP Navigator EX Ver4.1 and click OK.

To start MP Navigator EX automatically without displaying the program selection screen, follow the procedure below.

- For Windows 7 or Windows Vista users, refer to "For Windows Users" in "Troubleshooting" of the on-screen manual: Advanced Guide.

- For Windows XP users, select MP Navigator EX Ver4.1 as the software application to be used in the program selection screen, select Always use this program for this action, then click OK.

tbwhite2040 :

This came straight from the manual

Customer :

its not working

Customer :

:I I will have to contact Canon directly :9

tbwhite2040 :

OK Did you try reinstalling the scanning software on your computer to see if this would fix the issue?

Customer :

i down;loaded all from the canon website as I do not have a cd or dvd drive on my laptop

tbwhite2040 :

OK

tbwhite2040 :

I will request a refund for you on this matter unless you wish to try other avenues

Customer :

thanks I would appreciate that very much.

tbwhite2040 :

You are welcome