Richard, Technician
Experience:  AAS Degree in Computer Technology.

My model C310a printer does not print plain black (only a faint

My model C310a printer does not print plain black (only a faint gray). I hace changed out both black cartriges. Still does not print black. Colors print
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Hi. I am Rick. I will be your expert.

There are only 2 things that can cause this if you have already cchanged the cartridges. First off remove the black cartridge and use a q-tip with warm water to clean the inside of the carrier in the bottom where the printhead is. Continue cleaning until you get all the ink out . When dry put the cartridge back in and give it a try.

If that does not change things then you have a printhead that is going bad and will need to be replaced. You can order a new one from HP for about $50 and trhe instructions for replacing it will come with the new one.

Try the cleaning first.