Travis B.
Travis B., Technician
Experience:  A+ Computer Repair, ISP Technician, Help Desk

hp deskjet 940c: orange light keeps blinking before and after

hp deskjet 940c: orange light keeps blinking before and after replacement of cartridges with new HP ones.
green light is on and not blinking.
resume light is barely glowing blinking.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Travis B. replied 4 years ago.

With this model, at this point there are two possibilities. One is the new cartridge is faulty and the other is the print head is defective. Try replacing the new cartridge again. The new one could have a defective chip in it. If that does not work then you have a defective print head witch will need to be replaced. You can order a new head which will cost about $50 and the installation instructions come with it. If it turns out to be the cartridge you can return the defective one to the store for a refund. I would try a new cartridge first as it is the cheapest of the choices.

If nothing is working I would advise to look up your warranty info as you may still have a warranty with HP, I would and always advise people to contact the manufacturer directly to see if they still have a warranty. I know places like HP and Canon were either replacing or sending units out even if out of warranty or giving 50-75% off services, repair, and new units. I would advise to do that, if they won't assist in helping I would advise to ditch the unit as it can be costly repairing out of pocket and head to walmart / bestbuy and get a new unit.

Glad I could be of assistance, god bless and happy holidays! If you need anymore help please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless! Smile Please accept so I can be compensated for my time/work, also feedback and bonus' are highly appreciated!

Travis B