Richard, Technician
Experience:  AAS Degree in Computer Technology.

I have a Kodak ESP 3250 printer. I have an "Error: Printhead

Customer Question

I have a Kodak ESP 3250 printer. I have an "Error: Printhead carriage jam." I have just installed a new printhead that was sent to me by Kodak. The printhead will not return to the middle position and the control panel appears to be frozen. Cannot do anything with the control panel except turn on and off. Unable to go "Home" "Back" "OK" "Cancel" or "Start". What do I do now?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Hi. I am Rick and I will be your Computer Expert. I will do my best to assist you with your question.

Is the carraige stuck on the far side and will not come over?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The carriage will either stop on the left or right sides, never in the middle.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Before we look at something serious try unistalling the printer and then install it again. Also re install the drivers and see if that helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have already tried reinstalling the printer and drivers. It did'nt help.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Ok that is what I wanted to know. It was nice of them to replace a printhead for you but the problem was not the printhead it is the purge unit that is jamming the system. THe purge unit is what the printheads rest on when not printing and it is not releasing them. THis is likely being caused by the waste ink pads inside the purge unit. They have come loose and the heads are stuck on top of it. To repair this would involve takeing apart the whole printer just to get the carriage assy out so it can be fixed. This could get costly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So what do I do? The printer was bought new in April 201l, and no I don't have the receipt!
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Kodak is usually very good at backing their products. I would advise calling them and speak to them about your problem. They will be able to tell from the seriel number that this machine is basicaly new and I think they will make you good with it. It is not to rare for them to just replace the machine for you.

This should be the number you need. 1-800-421-6699,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry, but I don't feel I should have to pay someone to tell me that I need a new printer.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
You gred to the fee for determining your problem and helping you to fix it. In your case there is no magic bullet to fix it and if you choose not to pay for my time and efforts to determine your problem for you ,that is your choice, we work on the honor system here.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not accept your answer to my problem!!!