Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Experience:  5+ Years of Hardware Printer repair including installation and repair of Xerox MFP devices
14124282

We have a kodak printer ESPO office 6150. The printhead carriage

We have a kodak printer ESPO office 6150. The printhead carriage is jamed and lodged under the cover (ledge) on the far left side of the ink cartfidge chamber. How can the return be dislodged? The code #3527 is displayed on the LCD. The serial number is XXXXX

Robert Preston :

Welcome to JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX and I will be assisting you with your problem today.

Most likely this is a print head issue. The print head is what the cartridges sit in inside of the printer. To attempt to resolve it, do the following:

(1) Open the printer and wait for the carriage to slide over. If for some reason it does not follow these instructions:
(a) Unplug the printer
(b) Manually slide the carriage over until you can get the ink cartridges out.
(2) Remove the ink cartridges from the print head.
(3) Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water or a mix of hot water and isopropyl alcohol to thoroughly clean the print head.
(4) Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
(5) Once finished, allow to dry and replace the cartridges
(6) Try to print something now

If that does not work then the print head will need to be replaced. This is a common problem with Kodak printers. You can call Kodak at 1-800-421-6699 to order a replacement printhead.

Thanks and please click the green ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with my answer.

Thanks,
Rob

Customer:

The carriage is stuck under the ledge! We cannot slide it over.

Robert Preston :

Well, the error is a printhead error.

Robert Preston :

So you can either slide it manually with it unplugged or you will have to disassemble the printer to gain access to it.

Customer:

How do we disassemble the printer to gain access to it?

Robert Preston :

Not that simple, no disassembly guide so you'd have to work through it. Are you sure you can't gain access to it by sliding it manually? even if it involved using something to "grasp" the printhead and slide it over.

Robert Preston :

Does the carriage ever slide? Like if you unplug the printer and plug it back in?

Robert Preston :

Or does it never move at all?

Customer:

It never moves at all. We cannot slide it over manually. It will not budge.

Robert Preston :

That's a bad sign then. Sounds like the entire carriage assembly is damaged. Should slide easily on a normal jam. Would require service / parts replacement to fix it.

Customer:

How would it have gotten this way? No one has mishandled the printer.Does this mean we must take the printer to a repair shop?

Robert Preston :

Yes, it would have to be as it will require a full disassembly and replacement of the print carriage.

It wouldn't happen from mishandling, it's just a defect in the printer and not uncommon in Kodak inkjet printers.

Customer:

Unfortunately, this exchange has not resolved our problem. Do we still have to pay the $38 fee?

Customer:

We do not want to join anything, and we are unclear about whether we now will be charged a monthly fee.

Robert Preston :

If you feel my time and effort in assisting you is worth something, I would appreciate an 'accept' on this as I have narrowed it down to the specific problem but obviously cannot resolve it over the computer. If you choose to press 'Accept' I will ensure you are not enrolled in a monthly subscription.

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX your help. Indeed, you did identify the problem for us and that is worth something. Thank you for ensuring that we are not enrolled in a monthly subscription.

Robert Preston :

No problem. After you press 'ACCEPT' I will put a message to customer service to make sure it's not done.