fbox
fbox, Technician
Experience:  6 years experience as hardware support tech in US army.
43327059

Hi, I have a prob with my HP Officejet Pro 8500A 910 printer.

Hi, I have a prob with my HP Officejet Pro 8500A 910 printer. It won`t print from one particular laptop on the wireless network. I get the error message "HPNetWorkCommunicator has stopped working".The job stays in the print queue and cannot be deleted. Printer is on- line and network is working and other laptop and PC on the network work well! OS is Vista Buisness. I have uninstalled and re-installed the printer software,unplugged the printer, checked firewall settings,and re-started print spooler. I tried to follow the answer to similar problem and went into the printer network set-up menu to manually type in IP address and Default Gateway address, but chickened out as these appeared to be correct according to the Network Configuration Page. Thanks.Customer
Category: Printers
Expert:  fbox replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you today.

If your windows is seeing the printer in the printers fax window and is sending documents to the print queue its probably not the printer drivers. Either your internet security is blocking it or the printing queue is stuck and needs to be refreshed, but more then refreshed. Not just restarted(spooler).

Do this for me and let me know if it helps.

open your start icon->in the search pane type services.msc and hit enter.

Once open scroll down until you find a service called print spooler.

Now right click on print spooler and select the stop option by left clicking on it.

Once stopped open your start icon again: in search pane copy and paste this
(if your c drive is not the drive you installed windows on then change then letter to match the letter of the drive your os is installed on)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS
(You may get warnings about opening these folders just hit continue or ok)

Once open,ensure your in the printers folder.

Delete all items in this folder by hitting cntrl+a then hitting the delete button, ensure you dont delete the actual printers folder just the contents inside the folder.

Now you can close the printers folders window.

Go back to your services window (if you closed it open it again following the services.msc step given at beginning)

Right click on print spooler again and left click the option start. Once started try printing again. Your print queue should be empty, and future prints should work.

If it still wont print try disabling your antivirus to see if that is the culprit.

If it does work after disabling your antivirus then reenable the antivirus and completly remove all software fro the printer and then remove the printers driver from device manager. Restart computer and reinstall software, when antivirus asks permission to conitnue say yes and it will get put in the antiviruses allowd programs list.

fbox, Technician
Experience: 6 years experience as hardware support tech in US army.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Frederick,

I did all of the above, including a 'deep' uninstall with a program called Revo-Uninstaller and re-installed,turned off anti-virus etc - BUT it looks like the problem is Net Nanny! which I arrived at by process of elimination,and it was recently installed on the problem laptop only. Printing is OK with it disabled. Do you you have any idea how to configure Net Nanny to allow the wireless printer to work? I have played with the settings and can`t find a way?

many thanks

Expert:  fbox replied 2 years ago.
OK, sorry about the late reply. Good job, for using the revo, love that program. Most people dont know how to use the deep scan feature to remove extra registry files and foollders properly.

So net nanny is the culprit. That is antivirus and spamware and has the abilit yto block connections so that would do it.

Its been awhile since I have seen any netnanny problem, here I go though.

Net nanny should have a program with it known as admin tools, its netnannys admin tool. YOu need to log into that and go to the filtering settings. Check the blocked list and ensure it doesnt have your printer there or the printers ip address listed there. If it does then move it to the allowed list by highlighting and removing or selecting allow or move to allowed list.

I never actually seen netnanny stop a printer but with thes wifi printers I can see how it does.

fbox, Technician