Bernie, Printer Technician
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified

I have a Canon MX340 Has a flashing alarm light and code 6000

I have a Canon MX340 Has a flashing alarm light and code 6000 in window Seems that the printer cartages will not travel
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for asking your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be your expert today.

Usually this means there is still paper stuck somewhere, but it may also be a dirty/defective jam sensor, hopefully the former

First, please check carefully in the area of the printer where paper comes out after it is printed. Make sure there is nothing stuck in there, like paper, or any other foreign object. Open the Paper Output Tray gently.

If it still gives the same error, sharply unplug the printer from the wall outlet while it is still on, and disconnect it from the pc if connected there

Remove all paper from the paper feed and blow it out with compressed air a few times > With a flashlight look in the paper feed

Make sure there is no foreign object like a paper clip

While the printer is still off, press and hold the power button for 1 minute > Load 1 sheet of paper into the paper tray

Finally, while holding down the stop/cancel button, plug the printer back in, and power on the printer if it doesn't do so automatically, then try a test page.

After that, if you still face the same issue, then the printer will need to be taken apart and the sensors inside may need to be replaced. Unfortunately, if the warranty is out, it may be more cost effective to buy a new printer, but you may certainly call 1-800-652-2666 first to get a quote for the repairs and make a final decision.

Thank you