AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician
Experience:  27 years service on office equipment from all manufacturers.
34774669

My Brother wireless printer is always offline. Apparantly,

My Brother wireless printer is always offline. Apparantly, this is a known problem with Windows 7. The problem is with a Dell laptop. I have turned a parameter SNMP Enabled on Printer Features/Port off. This has helped and the printer does print occaisionally but not all the time.

Can you help me with a permament solution?

Peter Broughton
Category: Printers
Expert:  AnswerManCharles replied 5 years ago.
I believe you can solve this issue by making the IP address static.

You can change the IP and make it static in your printers web interface. Open a browser, give printers IP to address bar, log in (Brother's default user is admin, password XXXXX) and click Network Config.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Would you give a step by step instructions on how to get the printer IP and how to log in to the printers web interface. I do not have a clue.

Regards,

Peter Broughton

I am sorry for the delay, I had to take the baby to the doctor this morning and got behind on my work.

Try this first and if it still fails to perform we will set the static ip.

Please follow the steps below to solve the problem:

1. Click Start => All Programs => Brother => Your Brother machine name => Status Monitor

2. Check the printer status on the Status Monitor.

This should show the ip address.

Click Start => Devices and Printers, right click on the printer icon for your Brother machine and choose Printer properties.

Click Port tab and click Configure Port ...

• Change the Protocol to Raw.

• Click OK.
  •  

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
    Hi Charles,

Tried your solution. Changed Configure Port to RAW. It didnt work. We turned the Laptop off, and tried to print. It printed once after it had rebooted. When trying to print again, we got a printer error. WE turned the lap top off again. The same thing happened. Printed once, but on trying to print again, got a Printer error.

The printer works OK from my desktop, so I know its not the printer at fault. This is a known problem with laptops.

Any further suggestions.

Static IP? Once again, please give step by step instructions.

Brother Printer DCP-375CW Wireless.

Let me know if you require any further information. SNMP Enabled turned off. If this is turned on, Printer goes offline!

Regards,

Peter Broughton