Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

I have a canon mg5200. I want to scan multiple pages at once

I have a canon mg5200. I want to scan multiple pages at once into 1 document.
It just lets me scan 1 page at a time and I have to save each one, and then combine all the pages later.
Can you please tell me how to scan several pages into 1 document?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 years ago.
What software are you using to do the scans? or are you directing the scans to be done, solely by way of pushing buttons/controls on the printer itself?

Are you scanning into PDF format files? or some other format?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just using the printer software. Controlling it rorm the menu on my computer screen. [ not pushingbuttons on the printer]

Yes I am scanning into pdf format.

Is the printer software you are using for the scans MP Navigator EX, or is it some other program name? please inform me of this detail, it's important toward giving you the right advice that might be useful to your scanning problem. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

MP Navigator Ex 4.0

I advise you to try setting up the scan as usual in MP Navigator, only selecting 'Stack of Documents (ADF)' instead of 'Photos/Documents (platen)', at this point:

and load the documents in the ADF feeder on top of the printer, instead of onto the platen one by one (which inherently separates them into separate files.)

(If you are in one-click mode - which is less flexible - you will not have the above choice... so if your MP Navigator window looks small, like this:

then click once on the icon at the lower left of that window, to expand into the full options mode. Then proceed with the scanning of documents in the ADF...

If this helps with the problem and answers your question, then please click once on Accept for my Answer. (Only then will I be paid, by deduction of my share from the funds already deposited by you with JustAnswer. Thanks.)
- Favorable feedback is appreciated.
(If this answer is still in any way inadequate, just ask for further details and I will try to get the right and complete answer to you.)