Handy--Andy
Handy--Andy, Technical
Experience:  Helpdesk
56210710

ra hl

Customer Question

How to print a banner on a KONICA MINOLTA C652 Series PCL with a FS 527 finisher
Category: Printers
Expert:  Handy--Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is Andy
I will deal with your issue as best as I can.
JustAnswer is the largest paid online Expert answers marketplace

You need to put the printer in banner mode
This is selected under utility / counter on the machine

Then on the driver select special paper and select the maximum settings

All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Whent to utility counter
Click no 6 banner printing
Click on allowed then on OK
Message appear:banner will be printed job in queue
Whent to computer and send the job - wait till finshed processing
Message:Job cancelled check history
History : job deleted due to error
Printer Driver
Custom size :310 x 610
Accept => 297: Yes
Bypass tray Paper thick: Yes
Hi

The custom size should be 1200 x 297 on special

All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In the Printer Driver it stipulate maximum as 311 x 1200. As 297 is the industries prefers trim size we would like to set to maximum size before finishing
Ok
In the setting on the printer
Select bypass and use x and y to specify those dimensions
Also select think 3
Duplicate this on the driver before printing too.

However I must admit I have never seen those dimensions work before, but that doesn't. Mean they won't.

Keep me posted
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It did not work. Most probably I can feed the machine incorrect parameters and thereby get the job done, but why should I go to that length if the program specifically specifies that it can accept the 311 x 1200 dimensions. It is designed for that purpose, built with those parameters, but unable to apply it. Surely the technicians must have access to these answers during their training.

Regards

Hennie

HI

Sorry I am unsure what konica minolta`s engineers have access to.

All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can we throw this question into a forum to see if sombody els would know
No problem
Just done that for you

Ps is the banner paper going through the machine?
Also what is the actual width of the paper you are using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As per my reply on Thursday 17 November I did the following
Select utily counter - seletct banner printing - select allowed then clik on OK.
Leave the machine as is and go to the computer
Select Custom size try 310 x610 (The pre-trim size I wanted)
Promt question Size >=297 click accept
Bypass tray Paper thick: Yes
Go to the printer while the file load- If there is any paper in the Bypas > 297 the machine reject the job with a error. Insert paper with with 297 in bypass and complete will be highlighted. Remove the 297 mm paper an replace with 310mm x 610 mm. Printer will except and print and everything is well, except if the image > 297 then your stuck again
As far as I can see
It can't do it.
Because thick paper can't go about 297

All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It seems like you canot resolve my problem, maybe a next time
Its not that I can't resolve your problem.
I have been researching this for you and it looks as if the machine can not do this function.
Think paper will only go up to 297.
Banner printing requires think paper setting.
You can confirm this by speaking to your KM suppliers.

I'm sorry
All the best