Bernie, Printer Technician
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified

I have a wireless Kodak ESP C310 printer; no black ink is printing;

I have a wireless Kodak ESP C310 printer; no black ink is printing; I have changed the cartridge, performed cleaning and still
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for asking your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be your expert today.

1. Load inkjet paper into the paper tray.
  2. On the control panel, press Home.
  3. Select Maintenance, then press OK.
  4. Select Print Test Page, then press OK.
  5. Press Start.
  6. Review the printed test page and verify that the lower-right black block is completely filled with black ink.

Is the lower-right black block completely filled with black ink?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, the block is totally black; the test page is still minus black ink
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry, could you clarify, does the black ink show up on the test page, or is the black completely missing
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the black ink does not show up on the test is missing
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
Ok thank you - please take these steps:

Open the printer and remove all cartridges > Sharply unplug the printer from the wall outlet while it is still on, and disconnect it from the pc if connected there

Use a q-tip dampened with warm water to clean the copper contacts on the cartridges and in the printer > Keep cleaning until no ink comes off on the q-tip

Dry for ten minutes, then reinsert cartridges firmly > While the printer is still off, press and hold the power button for 1 minute

Finally, while holding down the stop/cancel button, plug the printer back in, and power on the printer if it doesn't do so automatically, then try the test page again.

After taking these steps, if you still face the same issue, it means the printhead has failed and will need to be replaced. Unfortunately, if the warranty is out, it may be more cost effective to buy a new printer, but you may certainly call the parts store at 1-800-421-6699 first to get a quote and make a final decision (you can also click HERE).