Bernie
Bernie, Printer Technician
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

My HP Deskjet 3050A All-In-One J611 Series will not feed paper

My HP Deskjet 3050A All-In-One J611 Series will not feed paper correctly. It pulls the sheets slightly crooked and causes the paper jam warning to display. It won't pull the paper all the way through, rendering the almost new printer useless at this point. It did work perfectly, then started this. It is not used extensively in our home. Anyway to fix this? It's barely 3 - 4 months old.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for asking your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be your expert today.

This is caused by dirty, misaligned, or worn out rollers. Open the printer and remove all cartridges > Turn off the printer and disconnect everything

Remove all paper from the paper feed and blow it out with compressed air a few times > With a flashlight look in the paper feed

Make sure there is no foreign object like a paper clip > Look inside the printer for jammed paper

Blow some compressed air inside the printer as well to remove excess dust

Next take a q-tip moistened with bottle water and clean the feed rollers off (click below):

graphic

Go ahead and reinsert the cartridges and load 1 sheet of paper, then try to print.

After that, if you still face the same issue, then the rollers that feed the paper into the printer will need to be replaced. Call 1-800-474-6836 to have this repaired under the warranty.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not sure I hit the right button. I tried what you said, but same result. Paper is feeding crooked. Looks like the rollers are misaligned, one side sits a bit lower than the other side. This printer has been used very little, so the rollers can't be worn out.

What do I do now?

Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
The rollers can be bent from removing previous paper jams, or there may just be leftover pieces of paper in the printer. Please double check these instructions for removing any jams inside the printer, click HERE

Expand solution one on that page and follow the directions (there will be 2 videos).

If you still face the same issue of the paper not feeding correctly, all you need to do is call 1-800-474-6836 to have this repaired under the warranty.
Bernie, Printer Technician
Experience: 6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified