Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

epson artisan 800 adf feeder not working error said paper jam

Customer Question

epson artisan 800 adf feeder not working error said paper jam checked no papers are their two years old
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
Turn the machine off then unplug it and disconnect the usb cable (if there is one connected if not skip any USB cable steps).
Remove all paper from the machine and then blow out the feed roller and paper tray thoroughly with compressed air three or four times.
Once done plug in back in and insert a single sheet of paper.
Turn the machine on and then connect the usb cable. Then please test the machine and see if the problem is still there.

If it is next remove all the paper from the machine.
Then with a flashlight look very closely at both the paper feed roller, as well as inside the machine around the ink cartridges.
Something as small as a pin stuck in either area could cause this problem.

Unfortunately if the problem is still there after this it means the feed roller in the adf has failed and needs to be replaced. Reaplcing this part however can sometimes be expensive as it normally means replacing the entire adf so I would call around for a price first.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back is appreciated.