Travis B.
Travis B., Technician
Experience:  A+ Computer Repair, ISP Technician, Help Desk
16569391

Epson NX510 - My printer is pulling the paper in crooked (to

Customer Question

I want to cancel this question!  I figured it out!  Help!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Travis B. replied 5 years ago.

Travis B. :

This is a common issue with this model as it has sensors these tend to be off a bit and cause the paper to go in this way over time, these sensors do go bad, although if you have a warranty this would be covered.

Check the following:

• If paper doesn’t feed, remove it from the sheet feeder. Fan it, then stack and align the edges. Reload it against the right side, behind the tab, then press in the tab on the left edge guide and slide it against the paper. Make sure the paper is not above the arrow mark inside the left edge guide. Make sure the paper support extensions are fully extended.

• If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the sheet feeder, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload it.

• Make sure you use new, smooth, high-quality paper, that is not curled, creased, old, or too thin. Load it printable side up.

• Do not load paper with holes punched in it for insertion in a binder.

• If the paper doesn’t eject fully, you may have set the wrong paper size. Press the [IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE] Start button, then open the scanner and remove the paper. Select the correct paper size when you reprint.

• If it’s wrinkled when it ejects, the paper may be over-saturated or too thin. (If the paper is over-saturated, make sure you select the correct media type in the printer software).

• Make sure you don’t load more than the recommended number of sheets. If you’re printing on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.

Paper type Load up to
    this many sheets
    Plain paper—letter-size (8.5 x 11 inches [216 x 279 mm]) Approximately 100 sheets*
    Epson Bright White Paper
    Epson Presentation Paper Matte
    80
    Epson Photo Paper Glossy
    Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
    Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy
    Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss
    Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte
    20
    Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double-Sided
    Epson Photo Quality Self-Adhesive Sheets
    Epson Iron-On Cool Peel Transfer paper
    Plain paper—legal size (8.5 x 14 inches [216 x 356 mm])
    1

* Based on 20-lb [75 g/m2] paper weight. Do not load paper higher than the [IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE] arrow mark on the left edge guide.

• If the paper jams, do the following:
    1. Gently pull any jammed paper out from the output tray or sheet feeder.

2. If paper is stuck inside, turn off your Epson printer.

3. Lift the scanner, remove the jammed paper and torn pieces, lower the scanner, and turn the printer back on.

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

Generally with this Epson model when you typically get the this it means exactly as you described the paper jam. Most commonly it's a sensor issue if you haven't done all the cleaning steps, including spraying the unit out with canned air from walmart or a local store, if this error doesn't reset you have a faulty printer on your hands with internal hardware issues.

If nothing is working I would advise to look up your warranty info as you may still have a warranty with Epson, I would and always advise people to contact the manufacturer directly to see if they still have a warranty. I know places like Epson and HP were either replacing or sending units out even if out of warranty or giving 30-50% off on services and or repair. I would advise to do that, if they won't assist in helping I would advise to ditch the unit as it can be costly repairing out of pocket and head to walmart / bestbuy and get a new unit..or wait till Black Friday!

You are welcome! Glad I could be of assistance, If you need anymore help please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless! Smile Please accept so I can be compensated for my time/work, also feedback and bonus' are highly appreciated!

Travis B.

JACUSTOMER-38q5b8ck- :

I'm so sorry, but I fixed this problem on my own. I am happy to provide positive feed back, but I can't pay $48 for this.

Travis B. :

Alright, glad I could be of assistance, have a good night and god bless!

Travis B.

JACUSTOMER-38q5b8ck- :

Take care.

Expert:  Travis B. replied 5 years ago.

Check the following:

Paper type Load up to
    this many sheets
    Epson Bright White Paper
    Epson Presentation Paper Matte
    80
    Epson Photo Paper Glossy
    Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
    Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy
    Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss
    Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte
    20
    Epson Iron-On Cool Peel Transfer paper
    1

• If the paper jams, do the following:

You are welcome! Glad I could be of assistance, If you need anymore help please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Please accept so I can be compensated for my time/work, also feedback and bonus' are highly appreciated!

Travis B.