Travis B.
Travis B., Technician
Experience:  A+ Computer Repair, ISP Technician, Help Desk
16569391

My Brother MFC -7340 printer has a message ;Drum Error. I

My Brother MFC -7340 printer has a message ;Drum Error. I bought the DR360 and replaced it but am still getting the message. What do I do now?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Travis B. replied 2 years ago.

Travis B. :

Have you tried resetting the drum after you replaced it?

Customer:

I took out the toner of the old drum and replaced it in the new one.

Travis B. :

I understand that, the error message could still be there if the drum counter was not reset when you replaced the drum.

Travis B. :

To reset the drum counter, follow the instructions listed below.

1. Open the front cover.

2. Press the Options key on the control panel.
    The display will show "REPLACE DRUM - 1.YES 2.NO".

3. Press 1 to reset the drum count.

4. Close the front cover.

Please let me know.

Customer:

When I press the options key nothing happens

Customer:

I t continues to say see trouble shooter in user' s guide chapter blah blah

Travis B. :

One moment.

Travis B. :

I'm sorry that is all that is on their website for resetting the drum counter after the drum is replaced, states to contact them directly here if not working:

800-284-4329, Mon-Fri - 9am - 9pm ET

If nothing is working I would advise to look up your warranty info as you may still have a warranty with Brother, I would and always advise people to contact the manufacturer directly to see if they still have a warranty. I know places like Brother and Canon were either replacing or sending units out even if out of warranty or giving 30-50% off on services and or repair. I would advise to do that, if they won't assist in helping I would advise to ditch the unit as it can be costly repairing out of pocket and head to walmart / bestbuy and get a new unit..or wait till Black Friday!

You are welcome! Glad I could be of assistance, If you need anymore help please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless! Smile Please accept so I can be compensated for my time/work, also feedback and bonus' are highly appreciated!

Travis B.

Travis B., Technician
Experience: A+ Computer Repair, ISP Technician, Help Desk
Expert:  Travis B. replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Travis B. replied 2 years ago.

One moment.

800-284-4329, Mon-Fri - 9am - 9pm ET

Travis B.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I press the options button and the number one it says not registered. could that be why
Expert:  Travis B. replied 2 years ago.
Yes that is exactly why needs to be previously registered in order for this to work.

Glad I could be of assistance,

Please accept so I can be compensated for my time/work, also feedback and bonus' are highly appreciated!

Travis B.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can I still register my printer?

Expert:  Travis B. replied 2 years ago.
All depends on how long you have had the unit, I would suggest contacting Brother directly, if they are unable to register it then you are out of luck getting the drum reset.(as this is needed for when you changed the drum)..

Ask about the following:

I know places like Brother and Canon were either replacing or sending units out even if out of warranty or giving 30-50% off on services and or repair. I would advise to do that, if they won't assist in helping I would advise to ditch the unit as it can be costly repairing out of pocket and head to walmart / bestbuy and get a new unit..or wait till Black Friday!

Travis B.