Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience

Epson Stylus SX425W I am unable to scan (W61 error code).

Customer Question

Epson Stylus SX425W: I am unable to scan (W61 error code). My USB connection to my Mac is okay. For example, I can print okay.

I would really appreciate your help and advice.

Thanks

Eddie Chalk
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Can you make a copy ok?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes and I can print documents from the Mac.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Try scanning one of these two ways instead.

1. Click the Apple Preview icon in the dock, or open Preview from the Applications folder.
  2. From the Preview File menu, select Import from Scanner .

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here
    NOTE:If your product connects to a network, select Include Networked Devices , and then select Import from Scanner from the Preview File menu to display your networked product in the list.
  3. Select your product from the list. The scan interface opens.
Or

1. From the Apple menu, select System Preferences .
  2. Click Print & Fax , or click Print & Scan in OS X 10.7.
  3. Select your product from the list.
  4. Click the Scan tab, and then click Open Scanner . The Printer Browser window opens.
  5. Click Scan . The scan interface opens.
If that does not work try this.
  1. Return to the Print & Fax window, or to the Print & Scan window in OS X 10.7.
  2. Select your HP product from the list.
  3. Click the minus sign at the bottom of the list to remove the product.
  4. Click the plus sign at the bottom of the list to add the product back to the list.
  5. Select your HP product, and then click Add .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click Accept”.

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back is appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the advice, but nothing appears to work. I can't find any reference to 'scan' or 'scanner' in Preview or System Preferences. A test resulted in the following message. Interface: Not connected. Option: Unknown.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
  2. Select your printer from the list.
  5. Select your printer, and then click Add .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried that too, without success. Sorry about that.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts