Richard, Technician
Experience:  AAS Degree in Computer Technology.

Service Call (001B) message on my Konica Minolta magicolor

Service Call (001B) message on my Konica Minolta magicolor 1690MF. Is there anything I can do to fix this myself?

Hi. I am Rick. I will be your expert.

This is usually caused by not putting in the toner 100% in. If you want to get the toner securely in, try pressing (trying not to touch the toner bars) the toner cartridges in as much as you can from the front panel, and top panel (taking out the top imaging peice first to access the toners).

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've checked all the toners & replaced the low Y toner - seems to be something off with the rotation of the color toners...looks like a piece in the lower left hand corner has shifted...not sure how to access...
Since that didn't fix it, you will need to obtain service. My experience dictates that the code you're seeing could mean a couple different things. I have seen this stem from a drum malfunction (pretty basic) to a mainboard failure (very serious). The only way to know for sure is to have a technician look at it and run appropriate diagnostics. Basically it sounds as if the machine as gotten out of alignment and a onsite technician will be able to get things back in order for you. Other than what I gave you to try there is no other user option available for you.