Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

I have a Panasonic KX-FC225 telephone, fax and answering machine

I have a Panasonic KX-FC225 telephone, fax and answering machine unit. The display is advising that the fax memory is full but we have had no paper jams and the ink is new. How do I get these faxes out of memory as there doesn't seem to be any instructions in my manual re this (when it's happened before it's normally a paper jam and once unjammed the faxes have printed themselves). It seems to be affecting my machine as it is no longer receiving faxes automatically as it was set up for.
Category: Printers
Expert:  replied 5 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Hello. My name isXXXXX will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

This message can also indicate that the device is out of ink or paper.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

So please check to make sure it's not running out of either.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

By ink, I mean ink film.

Customer:

If you read my question, you will note that I state that the ink (sic), by which I mean ink film, is new and there is paper in it.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

I did read your question. Do you believe I would try to help you with a question without reading said question? It wouldn't be possible. Also, had I not read your question, I would have no way of knowing that you have a Panasonic KX-FC225, nor would I know that you are receiving an error advising that the fax memory is full. If I did not read the question, anything I would have written in response would be completely random and have little chance of being related to your actual question, or even a fax machine.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

I do see where you mention that your ink, by which I mean ink film, is new. I'm quite surprised that my human eyes would have missed that. However, I cannot find anywhere in your question that refers to there being paper in it. I do see that there is no paper jammed in it, but had no way of knowing that there is unjammed paper, ready to print, so I though I should mention that first.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

You can clear the memory by unplugging the device for about a minute. This will clear the error, but would also erase any faxes in memory.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

We can assume that there is something preventing your fax machine from printing, thereby causing the error condition.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

I apologize in case you have already included this information in your question and I was careless and just didn't see it, but have you printed using this new ink, by which I mean ink film, since it has been installed? It is possible that this ink, by which I mean ink film, is faulty and preventing the device from printing.