Mary
Mary, Digital Printing Specialist
Experience:  25+ years experience supporting color and b/w digital printing equipment
44751453

I use a canon 5185i color copier. I received error message

I use a canon 5185i color copier. I received error message E000007-0211, and the copier turns itself off every time I turn it back on. Technician unavailable this week, and I need to use the machine. Any suggestions?

Hi, I'm Mary and I'll do my best to help you solve your copier issue.

Unfortunately, this is most definitely a technician issue.

The(NNN) NNN-NNNNerror indicates: "Error of temporary prevention of full displacement of belt." Remedy: "Replace the fixing unit."

This isn't something that a non-Canon-trained tech person can fix. Some machines have swappable fixing units, but this isn't one of them I'm sorry to say.

Turning the machine on and off won't help. The only thing to do is either wait until next week or attempt to find another Canon technician who has time to do the job.

Mary40835.7314761921