Bernie, Printer Technician
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified

My Canon MP560 printer gave me an error code (B200) and advised

Customer Question

My Canon MP560 printer gave me an error code (B200) and advised me to consult a tec.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer and thanks for asking your question.

This means that the printhead temperature has been exceeded and are most likely completely burned out. This often happens when the ink has run out and printing is continued, resulting in overheated printhead nozzles. However, it can also indicate a defective sensor inside the printhead, either way the printhead will need to be replaced.

You can contact the parts store at 1-800-652-2666 to order the replacement printheads for your model. They will come with instructions to install and this will get rid of the error.

If the warranty is out, it may be more cost effective to buy a new printer, but you may certainly call first to get a quote to make a final decision.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is time for a new printer.
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry to hear that - the replacement printhead would be quite expensive, so it is best to go with a new printer entirely. Please let me know if you would like any specific recommendations, I'll be happy to further assist.

Thank you,