Printer Doctor
Printer Doctor, Sr. Printer Technician
Experience:  10,000+ hrs direct troubleshoot, repair and rebuilding hp, Lexmark/Dell inkjet and laser printers
40076313

mfc 7360n printer

mfc 7360n printer will not print. message "replace toner, toner cartridge empty" tried replacing toner same error message. turned printer off and unplugged for 30 seconds - still getting same error message.

printer was purchased 8/25/2011

Category: Printers
Expert:  Printer Doctor replied 2 years ago.

Printer Doctor :

Hi there. The Printer Doctor is in and ready to help you!

Printer Doctor :

To force the printer to continue printing after the LCD shows Replace Toner, set the machine to Continue mode:

Go to Menu, then press 1, the 8. The printer will continue to print until the LCD shows Toner Ended. If the printer then shows Toner Ended, you will need to replace the toner cartridge.

Printer Doctor :

First, make sure you are using a new and genuine Brother toner cartridge (NOT a compatible or refilled cartridge). A new and unused genuine Brother toner will reset the Replace Toner mode.

Printer Doctor :

If after replacing the toner with a brand new genuine Brother cartridge the printer still says Replace Toner, remove the cartridge from the drum, re-seat it and try again.

Printer Doctor :

Hi there. Are you using genuine Brother toner?

Printer Doctor :

Are you still there?

Printer Doctor :

I'll save this chat to give you time to perform the instructions and re-test the printer. When you are ready, just post a reply and I'll be notified to rejoin you here. Awaiting your response...

Printer Doctor :

Please remember to click the green ACCEPT button (even if you have a Subscription or a Trial Membership) so I will get credit for helping you today. If you feel I've serviced you very well, positive feedback and a bonus is also greatly appreciated!

If your problem is not solved, instead of giving negative feedback please give me a chance to further assist you.

For future problems, you can ask me a question directly by going to my page at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-printerdr/

Thank you for trusting JustAnswer, and HAPPY PRINTING from the Printer Doctor!

Customer:

printer is new - purchased 8/25/2011

Customer:

tried suggestions, have another new brother printer in box - tried that toner cartridge also. still getting same error message. tried your suggestions - still getting same error message

Printer Doctor :

Okay. Since your printer was purchased 8/25/11, it will still be under the Brother warranty (unless you bought it used). If you bought brand new, contact Brother directly at brothersolutions.com and click on the Support tab at the top of the page. Call technical support and they will either troubleshoot further or replace the printer or have it repaired for you at no cost.

Printer Doctor :

If it is not covered by the warranty, you will need to have it diagnosed and serviced by an onsite technician. The Support section at the Brother site can also help you locate qualified Brother service centers.

Printer Doctor :

Sorry I cannot help you further. I will opt-out and release your issue so another expert may be able to solve your problem. One should be with you shortly.

Printer Doctor, Sr. Printer Technician
Experience: 10,000+ hrs direct troubleshoot, repair and rebuilding hp, Lexmark/Dell inkjet and laser printers