Bernie
Bernie, Printer Technician
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

how to install new ink cartridge on hp61 3510 series

Category: Printers
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer and thanks for asking your question.

Is this your model:

graphic

or this one:

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Model 3510 series
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately I cannot find a 3510 series...However, there is a 3050 series, which both below are listed as, are any of these your printer?

graphic
View Full Image

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Top one
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I opened gray door
Cartridges slid to middle
I cannot get out the cartridge - do I lift up on it or what?
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks - please use these steps:

1. Press the Power button to turn on the product.
  2. Open the cartridge door. The carriage moves to the center of the product. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before continuing.
    Figure 6: Open the cartridge door
    Graphic: Open the cartridge door
  3. Lightly press down on the cartridge to release it, and then pull the cartridge out to remove it from its slot.
    Figure 7: Remove the cartridge
    Graphic: Remove the cartridge
    CAUTION:Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Touching these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
    Figure 8: Do not touch the contacts or nozzles
    Graphic: Do not touch the contacts or nozzles
  4. Remove the new cartridge from its packaging, and then pull the pink pull tab to remove the plastic tape.
    CAUTION:Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles. Also, do not re-tape the cartridges. Doing so can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
    Figure 9: Remove the plastic tape
    Illustration of removing the tape from the new cartridge
  5. Hold the cartridge by its sides with the contacts toward the product and the nozzles facing down toward the bottom of the product, and then insert the cartridge into its slot.
    • The tri-color cartridge goes in the slot on the left
    • The black cartridge goes in the slot on the right
    Figure 10: Insert the cartridge into its slot
    Illustration of installing a cartridge
  6. Push the cartridge forward into its slot until it snaps into place.
  7. Repeat these steps to replace the other cartridge, if necessary.
  8. Close the cartridge access door.
    Figure 11: Close the cartridge access door
    Graphic: Close the cartridge access door
  9. Press the button next to OK on the control panel display.
    The product prints an alignment page.
Step three: Align the cartridges
  1. Lift the scanner lid.
  2. Place the alignment page with the printed-side down on the right-front corner of the scanner glass. See the engraved guide next to the scanner glass for help loading the alignment page.
    Figure 12: Place the alignment page on the scanner glass
    Graphic: Place the alignment page on the scanner glass
  3. Close the scanner lid.
  4. Press the button next to OK on the control panel display.
    The product scans the alignment page.
  5. When the Alignment successful message displays on the control panel screen, press the button next to OK on the control panel display to complete the alignment.

Bernie, Printer Technician
Experience: 6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Yes, please use upward pressure
Bernie, Printer Technician
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When I press scan a nessagesays scan error try scan from computer
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,

Is this printer directly connected to the computer?

Are you using Windows XP, Vista, or 7?

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Windows 7
Directly connected to computer
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
As a test, try loading some paper in the scanner. Then, on the computer click the Windows Start button > All Programs > Accessories > Paint.

Click File (the blue button in the upper left) > From Scanner or Camera > This will launch your scanner’s user interface, perform the scan and it will show on the computer, does it scan?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes it scanned a copy. Thanks a million