Bernie
Bernie, Printer Technician
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

hp office 6500 E 709n My printer prints blank pages

hp office 6500
E 709n
My printer prints blank pages?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer and thanks for asking your question.

As a test - please scan something and try to print it, and see if anything comes out.

Also, you can print a test page (let me know if the test page is blank as well), to do that take these steps on the computer:

1. Open HP Solution Center:
    • Windows XP: Click Start , click All Programs , click HP , and then click HP Solution Center .
    • Windows Vista: Click the Windows icon button, click All Programs , click HP , and then click HP Solution Center .
    HP Solution Center opens in a new window.
  2. Click Settings, and then click Printer Toolbox . The printer Toolbox opens.
  3. Click the Services tab, and then click Clean Printhead .
  4. Click Clean to begin the cleaning process, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. A test page prints after the cleaning process completes.
    Figure 1: Example test page
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It prints from aol page but from from any other.

Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
I see - by any other, do you mean any programs on the computer (Like word or notepad), and other browsers (Like Internet Explorer)?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
Ok, then this appears to be a driver issue and not a hardware issue, which is good.

Are you using Windows XP, Vista, or 7 and do you have the printer cd?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
windows 7
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
Ok good - do you have the printer cd?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

nope

Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
No problem, I'll show you the online driver to install. 2 more questions on my side:

1. Click the Windows Start button, then right click Computer and select properties. Under system type does it say 32 or 64 bit?

2. Is this printer directly connected to the computer for printing, or does the computer print to it wirelessly?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
64 , directly connected
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
Great - take these steps:

Please click here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=mp-49133-2

Download and run the removal utility for drivers, and run level 4. After it is done, don't reboot yet.

Next, turn off and disconnect your printer from the computer > Click the Windows Start button > Devices and Printers > Right click and remove your printer > Leave the printer unplugged still

Then, click here: http://is.gd/spPFYH > Download and save latest printer driver to your desktop, but don't open it for now > Restart the computer

Once logged back in, open the printer driver file on the desktop and reinstall the printer > Make sure to turn on and reconnect the printer only when prompted by setup and it should work correctly now, please keep me updated.