Printer Expert
Printer Expert, Printer Pro
Experience:  Expert in all major brands and models.

HP OFFICEJET 6500A Plus. Print jobs are stuck in que. I ran

Customer Question

HP OFFICEJET 6500A Plus. Print jobs are stuck in que. I ran the trouble shoot utility. Cleared the print job stuck in que. Tried printing again, it it is stuck in que. Went as far as removing the software and re-installing. no luck.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Printer Expert replied 2 years ago.

justprinters :

.The spooler service is crashing. This is typically caused by print drivers corrupting the memory in the spooler process.
To start the Spooler service. Follow these steps: Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Double-click Administrative Tools, and then click Services. Double-click the Printer Spooler service, and then change the startup type to Automatic. This sets the Spooler service to start automatically when you restart the computer. If you want to start the spooler service immediately, click Start under the Service Status field.

Customer:

Problem, I don't see the option for Admin Tools. Using Windows 7 Home Premium ??

Customer:

anyone there ???

justprinters :

type in services in the search box and them hit enter

justprinters :

you will see the list of services

justprinters :

hit p it will come to print spooler

justprinters :

stop the service manually and then restart the computer

justprinters :

after that you may try to print.

Customer:

ok... logging off now. lets see.

justprinters :

sure

Customer:
no luck . Print que cleared out, but when I hit print again, it stuck in the que.
Customer:

status now says Error-Printer

justprinters :

ok good

justprinters :

now go back to the print spooler and start the service

justprinters :

if you are facing difficulty to follow step i can offer you a remote support through which i will be able to see and control your screen and will fix the problem in front of you.

Customer:

that would be helpful. Status is currently in "Start"

justprinters :

Now try and print

justprinters :

let me know

Customer:

now I have two documents in que. one with an "Error" message.

Customer:

can you get remotely ?

justprinters :

remote access service is not a part of your current plan however it is a value added service and it has an additional charge $25, remote access will fix the problem in no time on which i will be doing all the troubleshooting and fixing the probelem myself i can remotely take control and fix your computer problem. If you do not wish to opt for remote support or else we can continue with the current chat/email we are working on.

Customer:

$55 is getting a bit pricey for something that HP should help me with. Lets try chatting more. Currently have 2 jobs in que and attempted the STOP on spooling twice with shutdown.

justprinters :

i can give you an offer for $15 if that is fine.

Customer:

deal, if it works, I will accept it all !

justprinters :

i will not charge if it doesnt work

Customer:

lets roll !

justprinters :

ok

justprinters :

let me give you the link

justprinters :

click the link to run the remote tool

Customer:

it is "joining your session" hope it kicks in!

Customer:

it is still trying to Join....

justprinters :

sure

Customer:

it says if you have trouble joining, click here for other options. i might try that if it does not kick in.

Customer:

a little warning was sitting on the bottom of my system tray. I accepted. think we are ok now.

Customer:

are you in??

justprinters :

ok

justprinters :

i am joining now

justprinters :

i am connected

justprinters :

All fixed

Printer Expert, Printer Pro
Experience: Expert in all major brands and models.

All fixed