Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing

I have a epson stylus SX425w. I am having problems with it

I have a epson stylus SX425w. I am having problems with it printing. The print is not clear and now and again the paper jams and it needs turning off and back on. Once i do this the next pages after that have faded parts or smudges this is at its worst when scanning. I recently changed the black ink cartridge and wundered if i had done something to it in the process.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you..

This can happen, if the print head is dirty or some other ink cartridges are empty. Please follow the steps below, if you use Windows to check the ink level, if the level is fine, then follow the steps in this LINK, to clean the print head and check the issue.

Windows 7:
Click the start button, select Devices and Printers. Then right-click the printer and select Printing preferences. Windows Vista:
Click the start button, select Control Panel, and then select Printer from the Hardware and Sound category. Then select the printer and then click Select printing preferences. Windows XP:
Click Start, Control Panel, Printers and Other Hardware, then Printers and Faxes. Select the printer, then click Printing Preferences on the File menu.

From the shortcut icon on the taskbar

Right-click the printer icon on the taskbar, then select Printer Settings. To add a shortcut icon to the Windows taskbar, first access the printer driver from the Start menu as described above. Next, click the Maintenance tab, the Speed & Progress button, and then the Monitoring Preferences button. In the Monitoring Preferences window, select the Select Shortcut Icon check box.

Open the printer driver, click the Maintenance tab, then click the EPSON Status Monitor 3 button. A graphic displays the ink cartridge status.