Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience

Epson Stylus NX 110---How do you change an ink cartridge .

Epson Stylus NX 110---How do you change an ink cartridge?. How do you get the cartridges to stop moving so you can make the change? I can't comprehend the directions , all in black, that are on the machine itself. Barbara
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
1.
Turn on the Epson Stylus NX110 Series.
If a cartridge is expended, the ink light on the control panel stays on. You must replace the cartridge to be able to print.
If the ink light is flashing, a cartridge is low on ink; replacement is recommended.
Note:
If the ink light on the control panel is flashing or off and you need to change a cartridge, run the Ink Cartridge Replacement utility instead of following the instructions below.
2.
Open the scanner and prop it up with its support.
Caution:
Do not touch the white cable inside the printer or you may damage it.
3.
Press the Stop button. The print head moves to the position to indicate which cartridge is low or expended.
4.
Press the Stop button again.
If another cartridge is low or expended, it moves to the position. Press the Stop button again to see if more cartridges are expended.
If no other cartridges are low or expended, the print head moves to the replacement position on the right.
5.
Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it. Dispose of it carefully. Do not take the used cartridge apart or try to refill it.
Caution:
Do not touch the white cable inside your printer.
Warning:
If ink gets on your hands, wash them thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. Keep ink cartridges out of the reach of children and do not drink the ink.
6.
Before opening the new cartridge package, shake it four or five times. (Do not shake a cartridge after opening the package; ink may leak.)
7.
Remove the cartridge from the package, but be careful not to touch the green chip on the cartridge.
8.
Remove the yellow tape from the bottom of the cartridge.
Caution:
Do not remove any other labels or seals, or ink will leak.
9.
Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.
10.
Once you replace all the necessary cartridges, lift the scanner slightly, release its support, and lower the scanner.
11.
Press the Stop button to begin charging the ink. This takes about 1 1/2 minutes.
When the On light stops flashing and remains on, ink charging is finished.
Caution:
Never turn off the Epson Stylus NX110 Series while ink is charging or you’ll waste ink.

If the ink light flashes, press the Stop button and press down all the cartridges securely.

If you remove an ink cartridge for later use, protect the ink supply area from dirt and dust, and place it in a plastic bag. Store the cartridge in the same environment as the Epson Stylus NX110 Series with the label facing upward. Note that there is a valve in the ink supply port, making covers or plugs unnecessary, but care is needed to prevent the ink from staining items that the cartridge touches. Do not touch the ink cartridge ink supply port or surrounding area, and do not store the cartridge upside down.

If you remove a low or expended ink cartridge, you cannot reinstall and use the cartridge.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click Accept”.

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back is appreciated.

Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of IT and customer support experience