Bernie, Printer Technician
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified

I have a Canon Mp280 printer I need it to scan stuff like

I have a Canon Mp280 printer I need it to scan stuff like a receipt and then have the image sent to my computer how can I do this?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer and thanks for asking your question.

Are you using Windows XP, Vista, or 7 on the computer with the printer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I dont know I just got this computer from my folks. But I know that it doesnt have a Word program or any other microsoft program

Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
No problem - it should have mspaint, and I'll show you how to use that to scan documents to the computer.

Could you check this further first and see which version of Windows you have:

Windows XP has a green rectangle that says Start in the lower left corner of the screen.

If this button is round, and only has a Windows icon in it, then you are using Vista/7, please let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Vista/ 7
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
Thanks - I assume that you've already installed the printer cd to the computer, if not, please go ahead and do so.

Then, - Try loading some paper in the scanner. Next, on the computer, click the round Windows Icon button > All Programs > Accessories > Paint.

Click File (the blue button in the upper left) > From Scanner or Camera > This will launch your scanner’s user interface, perform the scan and it will show on the computer, you can then print it out from there.