Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My scanner wont connect to the computer, although the printer

My scanner won't connect to the computer, although the printer is connected. I have rebooted, no change.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.

PRINTERCAT :

Hi, This is Michelle and i will be assisting you

PRINTERCAT :

please let me know the make and model of the printer

Customer:

Brother MFC - 9320 CW

PRINTERCAT :

ok

PRINTERCAT :

please let me know is it the first time you are trying to use the scanner or was it working previously

Customer:

It has been working fine until this a.m. The machine is about 6 months old.

PRINTERCAT :

ok

PRINTERCAT :

please try the below in that case

PRINTERCAT :

the system restore should reverse any changes to the system that might have caused the issue to occour.

click start...in the search box type system restore

in the window that appears, restore computer to earlier date and time and click next
select a date may be a day or 2 back when system was running fine and click next
follow the onscreen steps

PRINTERCAT :

also save this link with you

PRINTERCAT :

this is our caht link

PRINTERCAT :

in case the chat closes you may reopen with this link

PRINTERCAT :

let me know once you have done the restore

Customer:

When I select restore computer to earlier time, the option of selecting a date does not appear.

PRINTERCAT :

does it show a calendar or any recommended date

Customer:

no

PRINTERCAT :

ok

PRINTERCAT :

please open control panel...programs and features

PRINTERCAT :

over there do you see any entry listed for the brother printer software

Customer:

no

PRINTERCAT :

ok

PRINTERCAT :

please let me know is it a 32 bit or 64 bit windows 7

Customer:

I have no idea

PRINTERCAT :

please click start..right click computer..click properties

PRINTERCAT :

in the window that pops up you will be able to see if its 32 or 64 bit

Customer:

64 bit

PRINTERCAT :

ok

PRINTERCAT :

please click on below link

PRINTERCAT :

download and install the full driver and software package

PRINTERCAT :

once done check if the scanner works or not and let me know the status

Customer:

It worked. Thank you so much

PRINTERCAT :

great

PRINTERCAT :

please do click accept if the issue has been resolved

PRINTERCAT :

thanks for choosing just answer

Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors