John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer service industry

Error Number 5B00 The ink absorber if full.

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  John T. F. replied 5 years ago.

I'd like to try and help you with this issue.

Can you please tell me the make and model of your printer?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have a Canon Pixma IP6310D
On the bottom are these figures:
24V 1.25A K10257

Great, thanks for the info!

It's my understanding that this and several other Canon models are a bit sensitive in regard to the status of their ink absorbers. They have a "counter" that counts down the life expectancy of the absorber regardless of its condition (much like some cars estimate the oil life left). In most cases it is recommended that a Canon authorized server center perform the maintenance necessary to resolve this task, however many home users find they can reset the counter themselves.

Here are is the procedure to reset this counter:

1. Turn printer off but keep it connected to a power source; press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button.

2. When the Power is lit up, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.

3. Release the Power button and the Stop / Reset button and the printer will move into a service mode.

4. When the on/off lights up in green, press the Stop/Reset button FOUR times.

Turn the printer off and then turn it on again.

This should reset the counter and your printer should function normally again. IF the error returns immediately then the ink absorber MUST be serviced.

Hopefully you will reach the end of this procedure and find success. If you do, please click ACCEPT on this answer so I may be paid for my time and research. If you continue to have problems or are unclear about the above, please do not hesitate to respond to this ticket again. I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Thanks and good luck!