Great, then the scanner and network is ok.
To scan multiple pages:
1. Open the ControlCenter by clicking Windows/start-> (All) Programs ->Brother-> XXX-XXXX (Where XXX-XXXX is the model number of the machine)-> ControlCenterx.
The ControlCenter application will be loaded in the Task Tray near the system clock. (It appears as a blue square labeled CCx.)
2. Double-click on the ControlCenter icon located in the Task Tray to launch the program window.
3. Click on Configuration -> SCAN.
4. Choose the type of scan you require. The choices are: Image, E-mail and File. The Scan to configuration window will appear.
5. The Scan to configuration window will appear.
6. The Software Button tab configures the Scan to button within the ControlCenter software interface. The Device Button tab configures the Scan to key on the Brother machine. Choose the tab you want to configure.
7. Under File Type select an option that allows multi-page documents:
a) PDF (*.PDF)
b) Tiff Multi-Page # XXXXX (*.tif)
c) Tiff Multi-Page # XXXXX (*.tif)
8. Click OK.
Then, to use the Scan to feature from the ControlCenter
1. Place the document to be scanned on the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).
2. Launch the ControlCenter following the instructions in the Step 1.
3. On the SCAN menu left-click the button that corresponds with the type of scan you want to perform Image, E-mail or File.
4. The document will now scan into a single file.