Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I cannot run the HP solution center, I get the following message HP

I cannot run the HP solution center, I get the following message:

“HP Solution center cannot run because your device installation is not complete.

Please plug in the USB cable (it’s plugged in) or re-run the the setup CD (I put it in but it’s Vista compatible not 7 compatible according to the error message).

If this doesn’t help go to the start button and use the HP Help files (what files and where are they ?).”

Also: I can't scan from my Officejet Pro 8500 A909g.
Model name: CB023A
Serial number: MY94H220XY

When I depress Scan to computer, it says: "No Scan Options"
When I depress Scan to network folder, it says: "No Network connection"

I'm hooked up via hard-wire to a USB port and I can print hard-copy with no problem, "wireless" is disabled.

What do I do to enable scanning and use the HP solution center?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Please go to

Start - Control Panel - System

on your PC, and let me know what the Windows type/version now running on your PC is. Also please check for the 'System Type', which should be about half-way down the System info window, and should be either 32-bit or 64-bit. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its Windows 7 64-bit
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you there ???

Can I call you on a phone number ??

Thanks for the info (JustAnswer.com does not provide phone service.)

The procedure you will need to follow goes like this:
First, disconnect the printer, turn it off and unplug it from both power and computer. Leave it that way throughout the following, until you are instructed to connect it up again by the installation software routine (or, at least, by that routine having completely ended and finished and exited etc.)

So: turn off, unplug, unplug your printer.

Go to your computer, to Control Panel, and remove all entries for your printer and its series in Printers, by clicking on each icon (or entry) and deleting.

Then go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, and use Remove or Change/Remove to get rid of all programs specific to your printer.

Then, reboot your computer: shut it down and start it up again.

Then, go to
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3752459
and click once on 'Driver - Product Installation Software (4)', then click on the third link, for
HP Officejet Pro Full Feature Software and Driver
before going to the Download button and following the download process, getting the driver onto your disk, and completing the download and then starting the driver installation program and following through the process.

If this helps with the problem and answers your question, then please click once on Accept for my Answer. (Only then will I be paid, by deduction of my share from the funds already deposited by you with JustAnswer. Thanks.)
- Favorable feedback is appreciated.
(If this answer is still in any way inadequate, just ask for further details and I will try to get the right and complete answer to you.)
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience: 11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable