Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing

my hp photosmart plus b209a does not print black text. it does

my hp photosmart plus b209a does not print black text. it does print color ads and graphics. I've tried the suggestions on this page. turned it off and then on and tried to print-- blank page came out. the cartridges are new,the inkports are not blocked. Help!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you..

Do you have replaced the black cartridge due to this problem or the old cartridge was out of ink?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The cartridge was out of ink. All cartridges replaced.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 5 years ago.
Do you use Windows or MAC? If Windows, what version of Windows do you use? like XP or Vista etc.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have two computers hooked to the printer. An old Windows XP and a new Windows 7. I have the same problem with both. One is wireless and the other is cable attached.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 5 years ago.
Many print quality problems with black ink, such as poor black text or issues that occur with a newly installed black cartridge, clear up with the printer's automatic servicing routine. There is nothing you need to do. The print quality should start improving in a few hours.If you cannot wait, cleaning the printhead could help.

Follow these steps to run a utility to clean the printhead. Do it from the computer in which the printer is connected by a cable.
  1. Open HP Solution Center:
    Windows XP:
      Click Start , click All Programs , click HP , and then click HP Solution Center .
      Windows Vista or Windows 7:
      Click the Windows icon ( ), click All Programs , click HP , and then click HP Solution Center .
    HP Solution Center opens in a new window.
  2. Click Settings ( ).
  3. In the Print Settings area, click Printer Toolbox . The printer Toolbox opens.
  4. On the Device Services tab, click Clean the Printheads ( ).
  5. Click Clean to begin the process.NOTE:Mechanical noises during the cleaning process are normal. A test page prints when the cleaning process finishes.
  • Sometimes more than one cleaning is required. Repeat this step if improvements are seen in print quality.
  • If these steps resolved the issue , there is no need to continue troubleshooting. The following precautions might help avoid the issue in the future.
    • Avoid leaving unprotected cartridges out of the product for an extended period of time.
    • Always use the power button to turn the product off. This protects the cartridges from exposure to air.
  • If the issue persists , let me know.