Bernie
Bernie, Printer Technician
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

I have a epson Workforce 520/525 series. There was a paper

I have a epson Workforce 520/525 series. There was a paper jam - I removed the jam but now it says Printer error See your documentation. ??????
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!

This can happen if there is still a piece of paper/foreign object stuck inside the printer, OR if the paper sensor that detects jams has become dirty or defective.

First, take these steps: Remove all cartridges and power off the printer > Turn the printer upside down and gently shake it to see if any foreign objects fall out

If it is still not working, try to open the printer as much as you can to see if any paper is still stuck inside. You can also use these directions:

graphic

Next, use compressed air to remove all dust from the internals of the printer > Then reinsert all cartridges and power on the printer.

If you still face the same issue, the printer will need to be serviced, this is covered under warranty. If the warranty is out it is cheaper to buy a new printer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When it says "check your documentation" what does it mean??
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
If you have taken the previous steps to remove the jam - this means the paper sensor that detects jams has become dirty or defective.

You will need to send it in to Epson for repairs, this is fully covered under the warranty. However, if the warranty is out it is cheaper to buy a new printer.