Dustin, Hardware Specialist
Experience:  5 Years in The US ARMy as a Network Switching Systems Operator
19897260

I have set up our office canon faxphone L90. The only problem

I have set up our office canon faxphone L90. The only problem I have is that I can't send documents. I put in the phone number and push start, but "set document" comes on the screen. How do I get rid of this, so I can send my faxes?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of the experts who will be assisting you today!

when you get that message..

Pull the document out, and then reinsert it.. does that clear the error and get it faxing?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, it still doesn't work.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Is this a new device, or did you purchase it used?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This is a new device.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
try all these steps first..

1. Lift the document release lever.

2. Lift the paper stack cover and pull it out completely.

3. Lower the scanning platform (A) in the document delivery slot.

4. Carefully pull out the jammed document.

5. Lift the scanning platform back into place.

6. Insert the paper stack cover.

-Note

Make sure the back end of the cover does not catch and lower the scanning platform.

7. Lower the document release lever back into place.

Then

when you go to send teh fax.. and you get that message. make sure this lever is down!

Lower the document release lever back into place.

can you fax now?

Please click the green accept button to show I have assisted you.

If you still need assistance, You can reply to this message at any time.
If my answer helped, please make sure to leave positive feedback on the screen that comes up after clicking accept. If my answer did not work, please wait to leave feedback till we get the issue fixed!

Dustin, Hardware Specialist
Experience: 5 Years in The US ARMy as a Network Switching Systems Operator
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It still didn't work, there was no paper stuck.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
ok, and moving the slider down.. ddnt make the message go away?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just tried it out, and now when I put the document in it says "document" on the screen. Thanks for your patience with me.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Your very welcome..

At first i thought maybe the switch was broken.. ( which does happen sometimes)

Thank you for getting back to me, and for your diligence ..

If you need anything in the future, let me know!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, have a great day!!