Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

cannon mp250 printer keeps getting p08 error

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
P 0 8 error as displayed upon this model of Canon printer, means that the printhead temperature rose to the point of exceeding allowable levels, causing the printer to shut down operation.

This may signify merely, that you have an ink cartridge that has run dry. Or that you have been operating the printer too much in too high a temperature or with ventilation around &/or under it blocked by objects. Check ink cartridge levels, and check adequate spacing around the printer and adequately low ambient temperature - I would recommend below whatever it has been lately, or below 79 degrees Fahrenheit, ideally.

If an ink cartridge is low, replace it, with an OEM Canon-made original cartridge.

If the error does not come up at once but only after much usage, you might consider just shutting the printer Off for a prolonged period every time it does appear, like for an hour at least, to allow the printer to thoroughly cool off.

And at worst... well, these instructions might possibly serve to reset the error:

1. Turn off the MP250 printer, leaving the power still connected to it.
2. Press and hold the Stop/Reset button.
3. Press and hold the Power button; and then release the Stop/Reset button.
4. Press the Stop/Reset button two times , wait until it enters service mode and the display says 0
5. Turn off the printer, leaving the power still connected to it.
6. Press and hold the Stop/Reset button.
7. Press and hold the Power button, and then release the Stop/Reset button.
8. Press the Stop/Reset button four times, and wait until it enters service mode and the display says 1
9. Turn off the printer, and disconnect the power, and wait one minute or more.
10. Connect the power cable, turn the printer On again.

Hopefully that will clear the error.

If this helps with the problem and answers your question, then please click once on Accept for my Answer. (Only then will I be paid, by deduction of my share from the funds already deposited by you with JustAnswer. Thanks.)
- Favorable feedback is appreciated.
(If this answer is still in any way inadequate, just ask for further details and I will try to get the right and complete answer to you.)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
still getting same error color cart. is empty but trying to print in grayscale
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what is p08 error
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i want my money back
If your color cartridge is empty, that may be causing your P08 error! I have already explained why that is. I trust you got my explanation? here it is again:

This may signify merely, that you have an ink cartridge that has run dry.

Do you still want your money back? I want to be sure that you have indeed gotten my explanation - it sounds as if you may not have received it - before signaling Customer Service to take care of that.

(All posts to this question/case are visible at
http://www.justanswer.com/printers-and-office/5gxqt-cannon-mp250-printer-keeps-getting-p08-error.html
)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
by the time i got this message i had solved the problem myself. had nothing to do with empty cartridge. it had lost all its settings
May I inquire, how did you restore the settings? this data may be useful for future reference.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
for fiftydollars i will tell you. just kidding, hold the power off button for 5 seconds when you power down and it will restore all settings. just call cannon they will tell you
I hope it proves to be a long-term solution for you.

Would you like a refund of your deposited money with JustAnswer.com covering the price of this question? you might be entitled to one, since I was unable to help you with the issue (though I did provide accurate information on the error message).
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
I have flagged this question for the attention of Customer Service at JustAnswer.com, with regard to a refund.

Thanks for trying JustAnswer.com.