John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

lexmark x5650 printer, copy scan fax and photo machine. IAM

lexmark x5650 printer, copy scan fax and photo machine. IAM HAVING PROBLEMS TRYING TO COPY SOME PAPERS, THE FACE READS 'CATRIDGE ERROR CONSULT USERS GUIDE WHICH I CANT FIND. PKLEASE HELP ...XXX-XXX-XXXX lLynn Tavano
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

Please remember I do not receive a salary from this company. I am an independent Computer Science Engineer with more than 20 years of experience working with Printers and Computers, and now working here. The only way for me to be compensated for my time is when the customer (You) click the Accept button when satisfied. Thank you for your help and understanding.

Please follow the steps below:

1- Remove ALL the ink cartridges from the printer

2- Check that there is no residual tape on the cartridges.

3- Then clean the contacts (the hole where the ink comes out) on the cartridges as well as inside the printer itself

NOTE: Clean the contacts with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

4- If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging, replace them with genuine and original ones.

5- Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 60 seconds

6- Insert the cartridges and check to see if the issue persists.

7- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

8- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit / debit / or PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John C.