Adam
Adam, Computer Support Speacialist
Experience:  Computer technician for over 10 years.

Reset a Canon IP100 printer to factory spec. My printer is

Customer Question

Reset a Canon IP100 printer to factory spec.
My printer is printing 2 blank pages before every print job
and I have to push the resume button to get it to print.
Any advice?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Adam replied 2 years ago.

Greetings, I'm Adam, I'll be helping you solve your issue!

Only hit the Accept button if my response helps resolve the issue, otherwise reply and we'll continue.

1st thing to do is to reset the printer itself (Most basic printers will not have a reset setting on the printer, skip this step then)

To do printer reset, there will be a settings or menu button on the printer, the reset will be in one of the menus after pressing the button. After this you will need to install the printer to the computer again, steps below.

If you have a printer that you installed software off a CD then Remove those programs in control panel along with the printer driver below.

Then follow the steps below on how to delete the old printer driver and install the new one.

Start menu > Control panel > Printers > Right click your printer and select delete this printer

Then I will have you restart the computer with the printer unplugged from the USB port on the computer. Once Windows fully loads then re-plug in the USB cord from the printer to the computer. Windows will take a few minutes and tell you that your device is ready to use when it's done.

Then go back to Control Panel > Printers > Right Click your printer > Properties > Print test page

Or

Skip the last (Control Panel > printers) and go to a web page and try to print it or a word file.

To set up wireless printers you might need the disc or software from the HP website. Most times you need to plug the printer in the computer during the install of the wireless setup, then it will have you remove the cord after it installs it to the network. Then on any computer on that network you can search for the printer and it will install the driver for that computer.

Printing problems and printing errors

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/printing_problems/en-us

If you have received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button below.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is on a MacBook, not Windows and it
Expert:  Adam replied 2 years ago.

Sorry about that, it was not listed in the question.

To remove the driver from the printer setup open the Print & Fax preferences. Click in the printer list on the left, then RIGHT or CTRL-click and select Reset Printing System from the contextual menu. This will remove all installed printers.

Download the free Easy Find utility - VersionTracker or MacUpdate. Open Easy Find, select the hard drive from the device drop down menu, enter "Canon" in the search field. When the search finishes you should have a list of all software installed with "Canon" in the name. You can then locate the files and delete them. You may need to do an additional search for "DP" to locate any components installed with the printer's model.