Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Pixma mp495 error code 5200 the alarm light is blinking and

Pixma mp495 error code 5200 the alarm light is blinking and PO8 is flashing. I've tried to turn the unit off and back on, uninstalled and reinstalled, unplugged it and let it sit overnight, cleaned the rollers...what esle can I do. I need it fixed

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

This problem can happen because of following reasons :

1. There is some piece of paper / paper clip / sticker stuck inside printer and you are not able to access it. In this case you need to remove all ink cartridges, turn off printer, then turn it upside down and shake it few times. If still not working then you need to open it up as much you can to see if something is stuck

2. The electric sensor which receives signal from the mechanical paper sensor to detect jam has issues. Either there is dust on it or its gone bad and needs replacement. You should first open up the printer and blow air in it (using compressed air can) to remove all dust. If it doesnt work then this repair will cost you much more than buying a new Printer. If its in warranty certainly call Canon

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Anything else you can think of...it didn't work

If this didn't work and if printer is not in warranty, then the cheapest option is to buy a new printer.