Printer Doctor
Printer Doctor, Sr. Printer Technician
Experience:  10,000+ hrs direct troubleshoot, repair and rebuilding hp, Lexmark/Dell inkjet and laser printers
40076313

Canon S820 printer will not print and says THICKNESS LEVER

Customer Question

Canon S820 printer will not print and says THICKNESS LEVER POSITION is the problem. What can I do?
XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Printers
Expert:  Printer Doctor replied 5 years ago.

Printer Doctor :

Hi there. The Printer Doctor is in and ready to help you!

Printer Doctor :

The thickness lever ys used to adjust the gap between the paper path guides and printhead distance from the paper. When using thicker paper, e.g. envelopes or cardstock or 32 gauge sheets, transparencies, etc., the lever is moved to open the gap. On plain paper it is placed in position to tightemn the gap. Also, you should thell the driver in the print properties box what typr paper you are loading.

Printer Doctor :

Note the paper thickness lever in the diagram below:

Printer Doctor :

Full Size Image

Printer Doctor :

You can read more about this in the User's Guide. If you don't have a copy of the guide on-hand, go to the following link to get the free on-screen PDF of the guide:

Printer Doctor :

If my instructions lead you to the solution of your problem, please remember to click the green ACCEPT button (even if you have a subscription) so I will get credit for helping you today. If you feel I've serviced you very well, positive feedback and a bonus is also greatly appreciated.

Printer Doctor :

If your problem is not solved, instead of giving negative feedback please give me a chance to further assist you.

Printer Doctor :

For future problems, you can ask me a question directly by going to my page at:

Printer Doctor :

Thank you, and HAPPY PRINTING and from the Printer Doctor!