Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

How to reset system error E246 on canon iR1630 printer

Customer Question

How to reset system error E246 on canon iR1630 printer?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 years ago.
It is suggested that this error code in an Canon ImageRunner machine might mean you need to change out a DIMM module. But the reference is not specific enough for me to be 100 % certain that this is a diagnosis applicable to your exact machine and your exact case.

In any event, the error E246 is a system error, referencing the internal state and status of your Canon printer's inner electronic workings, and can't be fixed by reconfiguration. You will need a repair tech if a DIMM swap is not what cures it.

If this helps with the problem and answers your question, then please click once on Accept for my Answer. (Only then will I be paid, by deduction of my share from the funds already deposited by you with JustAnswer. Thanks.)