Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing

Cannon MP250 Showing E6 and or carriage wont move

Cannon MP250 Showing E6 and or carriage wont move.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you..

The error code indicates that the printer cannot detect the cartridges and this can only happen, if the print head or cartridges are defective. As the cartridges do not move, that means the problem is related to carriage (print head) mechanism.Please turn off the printer and try to slide the cartridges with hand, please do not apply too much force. If you are able to move the force, then replace the cartridges.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The carriage has moved all the way to the right - "under cover" - I can get ahold of it and move it just a little but not enough to really move it to where I can get the cartridge out - should I apply more force?

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 5 years ago.
Do you have turned off the printer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes - its my boyfriends printer and he most likely has not printed anything in a month - I thought the ink might have leaked just enough to make it "stick" but I was able to move it enough to rule that out.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 5 years ago.
No, the ink cannot stick it to the printer, most probably the problem is with the carriage motor of the printer, and in that case there is nothing you can do at home except repairing the printer from any service center.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think you are right and since its out of warranty. I'm going to see what I can do by taking it apart...cant hurt. Thanks for your help anyway.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 5 years ago.
Please remember to click accept, if you want to pay me for my time and effort.