Dustin, Hardware Specialist
Experience:  5 Years in The US ARMy as a Network Switching Systems Operator
19897260

ATTEMPTED FAXES GIVE NG POOR LINE CONDITION / OUT OF MEMORY CANT

Customer Question

ATTEMPTED FAXES GIVE NG: POOR LINE CONDITION / OUT OF MEMORY
CAN'T FAX MOST TIMES!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of the experts who will be assisting you today!

1. Press Menu => 2 (Fax) => 0 (Miscellaneous) => 1 (Compatibility).

2. Press the up or down arrow key to select Basic.
    NOTE: Basic reduces the modem speed to 9600 bps.

3. Press Menu/Set.

4. Press Stop/Exit.
Next

2. Press the up or down arrow key to select ECM
  3. Turn it off.. then

4. Press Menu/Set.

5. Press Stop/Exit.

Now that we have lowered the speed, and turned off ECM..

It should work.. Let me know if you get stuck, or have any questions.

Please click the green accept button to show I have assisted you.

If you still need assistance, You can reply to this message at any time.
If my answer helped, please make sure to leave positive feedback on the screen that comes up after clicking accept. If my answer did not work, please wait to leave feedback till we get the issue fixed!
Dustin, Hardware Specialist
Experience: 5 Years in The US ARMy as a Network Switching Systems Operator
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

DIDN'T LOCATE ECM. ALSO DIDN'T HAVE MENU/SET ONLY MENU BUTTON. TRIED TO RE:FAX WITH SAME RESULTS.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried again and got a fax connection with sending pages 01,02 and 03. However i got a communications error to check readability of pages o1,02.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Try page 105

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BSC/public/files/dlf/doc002000/ALFB_UkEngUsr.pdf

This directly addresses sending in compatibility mode.

Change the compatibiity mode to basic, as this disables ecm,, and improves fax transmission
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
After approx. 5 attempts, got a local # to fax. I repeated the steps of page 105 to get in basic mode. Still getting the same com. error code with NG: poor line condition / out of memory with efforts to fax any #.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Lets clear up the out of memory error next.. And maybe, it will fax even with the poor line condition.

1. Press the Menu key on the control panel.
  2. Press the up or down navigation key until Fax appears on the LCD. Then, press OK.
  3. Press the up or down navigation key until Remote Fax Opt appears and press OK.
  4. Press the up or down navigation key until Fwd/Page/Store appears and press OK.
  5. Press the up or down navigation key until Off appears and press OK.
  6. If you have faxes stored in the memory, you will receive a message that reads Erase All Fax ? 1. Yes 2. No. (Erase All Doc ? 1. Yes 2. No.)

If you want to erase all the faxes in the memory without printing them out, press 1 (Yes) and then press Stop/Exit.

If you would like to reprint the saved faxes, press 2 (No), press Stop/Exit and continue to the following steps for instructions on how to print stored faxes.

If you do need the features that require Fax Storage to be On, the stored faxes will need to be erased or printed to remove them from the memory and to allow additional memory to be available. Follow these steps to print the stored faxes:

1. Press the Menu key.
  2. Press the up or down navigation key until Fax appears on the LCD.
    Then, press OK.
  4. Press the up or down navigation key until Print Fax appears and press OK.
  5. Press Start.
  6. After printing is finished, press Stop/Exit.
That should clear the memory.. Afterwords, try to fax. Can you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Several faxes done but now getting the same com. error of poor line condition / out of memory
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. IM currently traveling, and should be to my destination later this evening at which time, i will be able to respond...

Ok.. Erase all the faxes in memory again.

Just do that step.. Then, restart the machine ( turn it off and on)

does that clear the fault.. ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
SAME PROBLEM gETTING COM.ERROR OF NG POOR LINE CONDITION / OUT OF MMORY
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Could you double check to see, that it didnt slip the fax settings back into the mode they were before..

We want to make sure that your machine is set to fax in basic mode still..

If it is, then we need to look into the line itself, as being the issue.. Either other devices on the same line. Or else, the line quality truly is poor, and the phone provider will need to have a technician out and possibly re run the lines..