Eddie Stevens
Eddie Stevens, Computer Network Engineer
Experience:  A Computer Network Engineer with years of experience supporting networks and users.
21580821

How can I make my printer print out bigger letters

Customer Question

How can I make my printer print out bigger letters?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Colin Vincent replied 5 years ago.

Colin Vincent :

Hi. Generally if you are printing from a pc, then the text size is set using the program you are typing in rather than on the printer itself. what are you using program wise to type the text ?

Customer:

I just copy off the computer. I don't use a program.

Colin Vincent :

Not sure i understand what you mean by copy off the computer. what is it you are trying to print ?

Customer:

I just try to copy articles and stories off the computer.

Customer:

I try to print out e-mails to show to friends that don't have computers.

Customer:

I just try to print articles and stories off the computer.

Expert:  Eddie Stevens replied 5 years ago.

Hello... My name isXXXXX will be happy to assist you...

What is the source of what you are trying to print. A document? A website? Where is the material coming from that you want to print. How are you trying to print it? What are you clicking on, step-by-step, to print it? I also need to know what operating system you are using, and if you are trying to print from a Website, what browser you are using. The answer to your question depends on the answers you provide to these questions.

--- Eddie Stevens

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I try to print documents by clicking on the print icon at the top of the page I'm trying to print. My printer is a hp all in one deskjet f4140 and my computer is a hp desktop with windows vista.I some time print from a website and the browser I use is Yahoo.You have had 2 hours to answer my question but you haven't done it. What you have done is rip me off for $28.00.

Enjoy.

OK - Will I will try to help you based on the information that you provided. Yahoo is a Website, not a browser. I will assume you are using Internet Explorer, unless you tell me otherwise. Instead of just clicking on (Print), try clicking on (File) and then (Print Preview). From there you can click on the Page Setup button, which is an icon in the upper left corner which looks like a gear. Then you can click on the Change Font button and select a larger font size. This will not work with all websites, as some specify a particular font size which cannot be changed by the user, but it should help on some sites. Hopefully that will help you. If the information I have provided has been helpful, please Accept my answer. I would be happy to continue working with you if you need more help, just let me know, step by step, what you are doing and where you need help.

--- Eddie Stevens

Experience: A Computer Network Engineer with years of experience supporting networks and users.