Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I Have an IR2200. I have a display that says to replace the

Customer Question

I Have an IR2200. I have a display that says to replace the waste toner cartidge container. What is that. Is that something I can do myself or do I need to get a a service person to come by. How long can I keep using it? Do I need to get that repalced immediately or do I have a few days?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 years ago.
The waste toner cartridge container, is otherwise known as a waste toner bottle.

This page explains the basics about it:
http://www.tcnj.edu/~helpdesk/documents/Canon%20eManuals/Canon%20Color%20eManual/iRADV_C5051_Manual_us/contents/mtc_008/func.html

It contains stuff of the tonery kind swept out of your printer's workings, toner that isn't re-usable, and has to go somewhere. It fills up slowly so you have a day or two, probably, or a bit more - that depends heavily upon whether you print a lot, with a lot of graphics etc, or just a few text pages per day at the other extreme.

The manual info Canon offers on this message about waste toner full, is 'contact your service representative'.

If you need instructions for how to perform the waste toner bottle removal / replacement / disposal, you would most probably find specific instructions, with diagrams, in the service manual for this model of Canon machine:
http://www.servicemanuals.net/ServiceManual/CANON/IR2200/452843/detail.aspx

As for obtaining a replacement waste toner bottle - if the procedure is not simply to remove it, empty the waste toner out, and put it back in the machine - this website offers it and shows what it looks like, also:
http://www.precisionroller.com/waste-toner-containers-for-canon-imagerunner-3300/details_31297.html?src=gbps

If this helps with the problem and answers your question, then please click once on Accept for my Answer. (Only then will I be paid, by deduction of my share from the funds already deposited by you with JustAnswer. Thanks.)
- Favorable feedback is appreciated.

(PS: I and JustAnswer.com are not affiliated with either PrecisionRoller.com or ServiceManuals.net. They are, however, companies that I have recommended to customers often, before this, without hearing anything bad about them subsequently.)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You gave me the wrong site to show me how to change the waste toner cartidge. It shows me how to do it on another canon model. I need to know how to do it on the image runner 2200 model. Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do understand that that web site was not for your specific model. It did, however, provide the basics of what the waste toner error means, for Canon printers of this general line.

The service manual I specified after that, would contain good, detailed, and accurate instructions specifically for your model #.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, However tha manual you specified after that, would cost me $17.00 to download. i already paid you guys for the answer. please advise.
You have not paid us yet, that was merely a deposit.

And no, I can't provide a source for a free service manual - they are worth something, so they cost something.

If you'd prefer another Expert to work on your case (if anyone will take it up or contribute to it), I can Opt Out, willingly.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what a rip off. should have known it was just a scam.
Customer Service has been notified of your complaints, and I am Opting Out.
Additionally:

Customer Service at JustAnswer.com may possibly issue you a refund.

Another Expert in this category at JustAnswer.com may possibly take up your case.