Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

Lexmark Pro 700 Model 4444-101 S/N000M537952G Feb 129, 2011 Tried

Lexmark Pro 700 Model 4444-101 S/N000M537952G Feb 129, 2011

Tried to print, get "..problem w/ printer head, consult user guide. Removed & cleaned printer head. No help. Installed new color cartridges as rehired, from Staples about 3 wks ago, didn't try to print till this week. Then now installed Black cartridge. Still doesn't work. [email protected] 07/22/11
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
What happens exactly when you try to print?
Are you getting an error message?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, getting error message: "problem w/ printer head, check user guide. See above! What more do you need?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there
If it is it means the print head has failed
In order to fix this the print head inside the printer needs to be replaced
The print head is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page
Unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace then the machine itself

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that not all issues can be fixed online.

The steps you were given may have confirmed the only solution is repair.

If that was the case please click "Accept”.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Didn't work! I'm extremely disappointed w/ Lexmark. The tech support is supposed to be provided by Lexmark. Why aren't these instructions in Lexmark's trouble shooting guide? If I'm a "trial member," why am I to be charged against my credit card? Specially since it still doesn't work. Does Lexmark have a service center locally; or should I check w/ Fry's Electronics Store in Concord CA where I purchased the machine?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
Well first off I would have no idea about your trial as I am only a tech. Second we are not lexmark this is a paid tech support site called just answer. Third I gave you a correct answer unfortunately it confirmed you need a new part that is not my fault. If the mahcine is less than a year old the part will be covered under your warranty which you can get done by calling this number: 1-800-539-6275. I work on these machines on a daily basis and no matter what brand inkjet mahcine you buy they all have this problem from time to time whether it is lexmark, canon, epson, hp, or brother. I also hope you know if you do not click on accept I get paid absolutely nothing and would have in fact just worked for you for free, which I am sure you would not want to do if the situation were reversed. I know the news is not what you wanted to here but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me to lie to you rather than give you the truth even if it is that a part needs to be replaced to fix it.