Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

HP officejet 6000 All ink lights are flashing. Replaced

HP officejet 6000 All ink lights are flashing. Replaced all 4 ink cartg. Still flashing.
will not print
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.

PRINTERCAT :

Hi, this is Michelle and i will be assisting you

PRINTERCAT :

please try the below steps

PRINTERCAT :

please ensure that the plastic tape has been removed from the cartridge

PRINTERCAT :

please take out the print cartridge

wait for the insert cartridge message to appear

unplug the power cord

clean the golden contacts of the cartridge and printhead with a cotton swab and little alcohol

wait for 2-3 minutes

plug the power cord back in

turn the unit on and reinsert the cartridiges

check for functionality

PRINTERCAT :

let me know the status

Customer:

same thing

PRINTERCAT :

ok

PRINTERCAT :

do you have the old set of cartridges still with you

PRINTERCAT :

if yes please clean the golden contacts of the old set and then insert them and then check that do you still get the same response or does it change

PRINTERCAT :

also let me know if any error code is getting displayed on the printer display

Customer:

do not have old cartridges

Customer:

no error code displayed

PRINTERCAT :

ok

PRINTERCAT :

well its seems to be an issue related to either the cartridges or the cartridge sensor

PRINTERCAT :

as you have tried a new set of cartridges, please get the new set exchnaged with another one from the store you got it from and try that

PRINTERCAT :

if still the issue repeats, then its a faulty cartridge sensor that is unable to detect the ink levels

PRINTERCAT :

in case of a failing sensor, the same will have to be replaced

PRINTERCAT :

if the unit is within warranty cover, you can contact hp else need to get it done through a local repair store

PRINTERCAT :

please let me know if you have any queries

PRINTERCAT :

please do click accept to reward my time

PRINTERCAT :

thanks for choosing just answer

Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors