Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing

I have an HP Deskjet D2660 and all of a sudden it wont print.

I have an HP Deskjet D2660 and all of a sudden it won't print. It's connected properly, but plain paper comes out when I give the print command. I can't find my disk to reinstall it either. What can I do short of buying a new printer?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you..

What is actually happening, when you try to print? like blank paper is coming out or nothing is happening etc..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nothing is printing when I do black and white, but when I try to print my bank statement, the colored part that has my banks name on it will print (lightly) but nothng shows up on the statement itself. The cartridges are both fairly new and the printer has been fine until today. Don't know what could have happened all of a sudden.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 5 years ago.
Please follow the steps below and let me know.

1. Open HP Solution Center:
    • Windows XP: Click Start , click All Programs , click HP , and then click HP Solution Center .
    • Windows Vista: Click the Windows icon ( ), click All Programs , click HP , and then click HP Solution Center .
    HP Solution Center opens in a new window.
  2. Click Settings ( ).
  3. In the Print Settings area, click Printer Toolbox . The printer Toolbox opens.
  4. Click the Estimated Ink Levels tab. The estimated ink levels display in a graphic on the computer. Figure 5: Estimated ink level graphic in the Toolbox - Black ink slightly lower than color inkIllustration of estimated ink levelsThe colored bars represent the estimated ink levels in the corresponding cartridge. Full color bars represent high ink levels, while color bars that approach the bottom of the bar represent low ink.