John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an Epson Stylus CX4200 printer. PROBLEM: I replaced

I have an Epson Stylus CX4200 printer.
PROBLEM: I replaced the black ink cartridge when the red light was red. The new cartridge replacement did not solve the red blinking light. Still red. Help!!!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

Please follow the steps below:

1- Remove ALL the ink cartridges from the printer

2- Check that there is no residual tape on the cartridges.

3- Then clean the contacts (the hole where the ink comes out) on the cartridges as well as inside the printer itself

NOTE: Clean the contacts with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

4- If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging, replace them with genuine and original ones.

5- Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 60 seconds

6- Insert the cartridges and check to see if the issue persists. IF NO LUCK, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

7- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

8- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Problem still persists. I replaced the black cartridge but not the other 3 color cartridges. They appear to have ink upon inverting.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
OK. What's the status of the On, Error and Ink lights? (On, Off or Flashing?) Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The "on" light of the is on.
The "Error" light is off
The "Ink " light is on (red)
No lights are flashing
The copy light is on and indicates 1 copy, however, it will not allow me to increase the # XXXXX copies. It's frozen at "1".
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
OK, that means there is one or more ink cartridges out of ink. Please Follow these steps to replace your ink cartridge(s):
  1. Make sure that the document cover is closed, then open the scanner.

2. Press and release the ink button.

3. The printer moves the low or expended cartridge to the ink expended mark.

That's the ink cartridge you should change.

4. Press the ink button again. If another cartridge is low or expended, that cartridge move to the ink expended mark too.

5. If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John Cappucci